Texas 4-H is for kids of almost any age – grades K-2 can be in Clover Kids if offered in your area. From 3rd-12th grades, you can be a regular 4-H member.
Find A 4-H Club
Your local County Extension Office can help you find a club that is right for you! Below are the contact number for the District 5 counties.
- Anderson County – 903-723-3732
- Angelina County – 936-634-6414
- Cherokee County – 903-683-5416
- Gregg County – 903-236-8428
- Harrison County – 903-935-8414
- Henderson County – 903-675-6130
- Houston County – 936-544-7502
- Jasper County – 409-384-4481
- Marion County – 903-665-2421
- Nacogdoches County – 936-560-7711
- Newton County – 409-379-4831
- Panola County – 903-693-0300
- Polk County – 936-327-6828
- Rusk County – 903-657-0376
- Sabine County – 409-787-5208
- San Augustine County – 936-275-3644
- Shelby County – 936-598-7744
- Smith County – 903-590-2980
- Trinity County – 936-642-1421
- Tyler County – 409-283-8284
- Upshur County – 903-680-8128
- Wood County – 903-763-2924
Find A 4-H Project
All 4-H members must be enrolled in at least one project. When you choose a project, you will learn everything there is to know about that topic. You will participate in various hands-on activities, learn new skills, do community service, or even make speeches about your project.
How to choose your 4-H project:
- Select a project you like.
- Consider the money and time it will take. Can parents/guardians help?
- Consider the space and equipment that you have at home.
- A 4-H project should be fun, serve a purpose, and be worth the effort.
- Select only the number of projects you can complete.
- Contact your local county club to see which projects are offered where you live.
Check out the 4-H projects to see what looks fun to you.
Enroll In 4-H
Signup on 4HOnline after you have found a project and club that is right for you! Youth members are required to pay a $25.00 participation fee if enrolled by October 31st, and a $30.00 fee from November 1st to the completion of the 4-H year. Adults pay a $10.00 volunteer applicant fee. Adults and youth will need to enroll on 4HOnline and be active to be considered an official member of Texas 4-H.
An active enrollment is required in order to register and participate in all 4-H activities and events. Each year on August 15th all membership in Texas 4-H goes to inactive and all youth and adult volunteers must re-enroll.