Texas 4-H Horse Validation for the 2022 season is now open in 4HOnline. Horse Validation will be open from March 1 – May 1, 2022.
A few important reminders:
- The family can submit payment of $10.00 per horse ($20.00 after April 15th, or $250 from May 1st to May 5th), in the form of a credit card ONLY
- Each validation must include front view, right side view, and left side view images. The entire horse should be included in the photo and markings should be clearly visible.
- Image uploads must be in the form of a .jpg, .gif or .png file. PDF documents are not an accepted file type.
- Families should validate each horse only one time. Once the horse is validated, any sibling within that family is eligible to show the horse at their district show and/or the State 4-H Horse Show.
- Youth validating a futurity horse must be at least 12 years of age (as of Sept. 1, 2021) and at least in the 6th grade.
- The family will receive an automated message from 4-H Online when the County Extension Agent has approved the horse at the county level. This approval does NOT guarantee eligibility. After it is approved at the county level, the validation will then be reviewed at the state level. The family will be notified by June 1st if there are any issues with the validation at the state level.